Date: 21 September 2017
Time: 1:00pm – 5:30pm
The SAVE FOOD Initiative is a cooperative venture between the world food program of the United Nations, FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization), the United Nations’ Environment Program (UNEP) and Messe Düsseldorf GmbH launched to combat worldwide food loss and wastage. Launched in 2011, speakers from business, research and governmental spheres get together to shed some light on the various facets of the food waste problem.
To be held for the first time in Southeast Asia, the SAVE FOOD conference will zoom into the Food Loss and Waste (FLW) solutions targeted for this region. This is an opportunity for stakeholders across the value chain to discuss FLW reduction. Attendees can look forward to learning about innovative packaging solutions by technology enablers and understand how linkages can be facilitated effectively amongst the packaging partners in this insightful session.
- Food loss and waste – moving to solutions
- Food loss assessment results – opportunities and challenges (India)
- Reducing rice losses (Myanmar)
- Reducing losses in fruit and veg chains (Bangladesh)
- Reducing food waste – a private sector initiative
- Maize loss reduction in Timor L’este
- Packaging solutions – options and technologies
The organiser reserves the right to alter the program